2015 Ashley Rukes LGBT Pride Parade Application Information
- Prospective participants will submit an application that includes a detailed description of their proposed parade entry.
- A jury will review all the applications and select participants based on a number of factors, including, but not limited to: type of organization; visual presence in accordance with the theme of the parade; support of the LGBT community; and amplified sound balance.
- Selected participants will complete the registration process. The actual parade lineup will be based on both aesthetic balance and receipt of payment.
- Non-selected applicants may have the opportunity to revise their unit description and reapply if spaces remain. Timeline: This application is due no later than April 1, 2015. Selected participants will be notified by April 15 and will complete their registration and participation payment by May 1.
All applicants will submit a one-time $50 nonrefundable application fee to be considered for a position. NOTE: If paying application fee by check, allow sufficient time for us to receive your check prior to April 1.
If the applicant is accepted, the additional participation fee per unit to complete registration is as follows:
- $200* Community Groups and Nonprofits with fewer than 50 employees. (This may also include ERGs that are separate nonprofit organizations from their parent company and some government entities.)
- $550 Businesses and all other Nonprofits (Corporations, Companies, Businesses, Nonprofits with more than 50 Employees, or Employee Groups of such entities)
- $375 Candidates for Local or State Office
- $550 Political Parties or Candidates for Federal Office
*A limited number of $100 scholarships are available to small nonprofits and community groups. Scholarship application forms will be available on tcpride.org when registration opens and will apply to the additional $200 fee, not the nonrefundable $50 application fee.
- The jury will use the float description provided by the organization and other factors to determine which organizations are selected to participate in the parade. Creative contingent plans will have a better chance of being selected. (Driving a vehicle down the parade route, for instance, most likely will not be considered a creative entry.) Make sure to include details, such as what marchers may be doing/wearing/handing out, etc.
- Be sure to indicate each of the following: -whether you’ll be bringing a float, a vehicle, marchers only, or a combination of those, -the total number of marchers you expect, keeping in mind the quantity limits detailed below, -any animals you intend to bring, -any special lineup needs/requests, -any special assistance you may require, and -if you intend to hand out items from your unit. (Note: An additional $10 fee applies to cover clean-up costs associated with distributing items.)
- Items may NOT be thrown from parade contingents; they must be handed to attendees